If you are a California resident, please see our California Consumer Privacy Act Notice, located here, for details on how we handle the Personal Information of California residents and how to exercise your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual.
Collection of Personal Information
The Website may collect Personal Information, including:
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Website’s functionality to you and respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing related emails, with information about our services, new products and other news about our company.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality that you choose to use.
- To analyze or predict our users’ preferences in order to prepare aggregated trend reports on how our digital content is used, so we can improve our Website.
- To better understand your interests and preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information or offers tailored to your interests.
- To better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via our Website that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We may do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose, as it no longer identifies you or any other individual.
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our Website;
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and to address legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- For developing new products and services and operating and expanding our business activities;
- For enhancing, improving, repairing, maintaining, or modifying our current products and services, as well as undertaking quality and safety assurance measures;
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Website are of most interest to users; and
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information:
· To our third party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
- These may include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We also may use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, in particular when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
· To comply with applicable law and regulations.
· To cooperate with public and government authorities, including law enforcement.
- To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is necessary or appropriate.
· For other legal reasons.
- To enforce our terms and conditions; and
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
· In connection with a sale or business transaction.
- We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. The Website may collect Other Information such as:
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
· Your browser or device.
- Certain information may be collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Website you are using. We may use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
use of WEBSITE by MINORS
The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
Mitsui & Co. (U.S.A.), Inc.
200 Park Avenue New York, NY 10166
Attention: Chief Privacy Officer
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.